Thursday, December 16, 2010

Came back and celebrated Idul-Adha in the village again. Went to the mosque with my host sister =)

On our walk to the mosque…it is so peaceful and beautiful as the sun rises over the village in the morning.

Did Thanksgiving Indonesia-style with Rujak Manis (fresh fruit served with a spicy peanut and sweet soy sauce dip), Es Kelapa Muda (tender coconut water), and Pumpkin Kolak (pumpkin pieces cooked in sweet coconut milk—because we have to have something pumpkin-made for Thanksgiving).

Made “hand turkeys” on Thanksgiving Day in my classes.

Cut one of my students’ hair after he was given a really bad haircut at school…actually I didn’t do much…I probably made it worse. He later went to the barber and got it fixed for real. But it was pretty funny to watch.

3 comments:

  1. so amazing that you got to go to the mosque and experience that. sheesh all i can say is that i am jealous ... cause i am extremely! thanksgiving dinner looks good "Indo" style! i can't believe that poor boy let you take a scissors to his hair! what was he thinking??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I would never trust you with my hair...
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I really don't know what he was thinking...but his hair was pretty messed up. I wouldn't have trusted me with my hair either.

    ReplyDelete